Lost Poetry Quotations
 In search of a long lost poem? Remember only a fragment? Post here! 

eMule -> The Poetry Archive -> Forums -> Lost Poetry Quotations

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Help me find these lovers
Posted by: Beautiful (96.234.236.---)
Date: March 30, 2009 12:17AM

Pls can anyone help me? I had a book of poems as a teen. They read like mystical Asian or Indian poems and were based in or around a kingdom in the Himalayas. One was about these lovers that had lived through different ages and lifetimes. Sometimes meeting as humans, sometimes as flowers or plants - it talks about one such time when budha passed with some of his disciples and one of them plucked a flower, (which was one of the lovers - they were growing side by side), and budha reprimanded him. Sometimes one was human and the other was not, (one such time the female was a doe and the male was a prince, he found her waiting outside his palace walls one day, and took her home with him. To the amazement of his subjects, he kept the doe and loved it until its death when he cried for days), but in every lifetime they recognized each other as eternal lovers and if they did not meet, waited for death to bring them together. It is a very long poem. It was an old book because it belonged to my dad, I think it was printed in the 1950s or so. I used to think the poet was Isaac Asimov (I was really so sure it was Asimov), but when I googled poems by Asimov there was no mention of these poems. I will appreciate a feed back if anyone knows anything about this poem. Thanx.
Beautiful.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2009 10:54PM by Beautiful.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This poetry forum at emule.com powered by Phorum.