Lost Poetry Quotations
 In search of a long lost poem? Remember only a fragment? Post here! 

eMule -> The Poetry Archive -> Forums -> Lost Poetry Quotations

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Lost Seasons
Posted by: dawlypaul (81.105.18.---)
Date: August 01, 2007 11:50AM

Summer laughed within us, it's songs echoed by childrens voices,
drifting along, those summer days that held our hearts in mutual joy.
We skipped through Autumns leafy winds, saw beauty in it's cloak of earthy hues, and watched the sun burn red and weary.
When winter laid the world to sleep, then we were close for warmth, and our days were mellow and cheery, before a blazing fire.
But how I long for Spring to waken all of my past; I dream of Summers spent.. I yearn for those days - but more I wait for one I shared that summer with, and yet she is gone and Winter's icy fingers grasp me tighter still.

Re: Lost Seasons
Posted by: marian222 (81.151.106.---)
Date: August 02, 2007 04:14AM

I like that very much, Paul - are you looking for the author?

Date: August 02, 2007 10:45AM

Hello, yes. It was written in Tavistock, Bedford, England by someone who has the initials D.S I also have this by the same author:
Autumn.

I walked in the woods, just to capture a glimpse,
but you stood there seeing nothing on a carpet of leaves,
like a tomb silently grieving.

And I ran in the woods, just to follow you,
but you flowed out on the evening mist,
too quick for me to steal one tender kiss..

Date: August 02, 2007 01:36PM

Any idea when they were written - is it in a book you have, for example, which might have a publication date at the front, or have you had it for several years so know it must be earlier than a particular date?

Date: August 04, 2007 03:00AM

I believe they were written in 1981

Date: August 04, 2007 03:01AM

I believe they were written in 1981.

Date: August 04, 2007 05:16AM

I've looked as far as I can, using that information, and not got anywhere - but I'll keep my eyes open. The only other thing I can suggest is that you, or someone living nearer (don't know where you live) go to Tavistock library or a bookshop local to there - you could try e-mailing them if you can find an address - if your poet is locally but not nationally known, and was writng as recently as 1981, they will probably have his books or at least remember his name. Alternatively they may know of a local poetry magazine or group that may have the details. He's a good poet, worth chasing up in my opinion. If I come across anything more, I will post here, but it may take a considerable time .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This poetry forum at emule.com powered by Phorum.