Lost Poetry Quotations
 In search of a long lost poem? Remember only a fragment? Post here! 

eMule -> The Poetry Archive -> Forums -> Lost Poetry Quotations

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
this name
Posted by: carisa (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 17, 2004 10:10PM

I heard this recited once and really liked it but could never find it. The main theme is "This name" and I know it contains the part "This name, this one name..." Thanks!

Re: this name
Posted by: lg (---.ca.charter.com)
Date: December 19, 2004 03:16AM

Good luck, it's probably under copyright:

"...I finally know, beyond mere name, theory, temptation, its journey, which arrives, finally, at your name, that is how I remember it, the final and ultimate... no other choice or call it motion call it reaching--- it arrives, j'arrive - oh! the apt poetry of that! - yes, that is precisely it! coming, I arrive!, finally I arrive!, after all this time, years of hiding my I, and you unclasp it in a moment's imbalance, harmony, they're the same it turns out, and where I arrive is in the jubilant passionate enunciation of your name, this one name, no other, and how I say it, apocalyptic tone, tone beyond tone, tone I cannot designate, now, no, I could only SING it, with my eyes, that would be the only way, no other way possible, I cannot quote it, just as I cannot quote what arrives in my ear from you, enphoned, say, the shiver of breath, wind through leafless branches, and on..."

Les

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This poetry forum at emule.com powered by Phorum.