Lost Poetry Quotations
 In search of a long lost poem? Remember only a fragment? Post here! 

eMule -> The Poetry Archive -> Forums -> Lost Poetry Quotations

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
chestnut haired boy
Posted by: phoenixbyrd911 (---.server.ntli.net)
Date: November 16, 2004 12:05PM

I did a paper on a poem years ago, and for some strange reason i didn't include the name of the poem, the poet, or even a copy of it. Weird, but as every other paper i've done has included these important facts i can only conclude there was a good reason.
The poem was inspired by wordsworth it seems, and centrally is about daffodils. It talks about the 'inward eye' and the 'bliss of solitude'. I think its a man in a mental institution, and there's a 'chestnut haired boy' who he describes as 'a schizophrenic on a good day'. There is a labourer, who is silent most of the time, he remembers The Daffodil, the Valleys school, reciting poetry, Wordsworth. A 'thrush sings', sunlight weaves a path among cedars and enormous oaks.
There is an old woman with buckets of coal, who offers, 'as many buckets of coal as i need.'
'Cage of the first March sun.' is also mentioned. I've tried so many search engines with these lines but can't find anything...please help!!!

Re: Lost poem
Posted by: lg (---.ca.charter.com)
Date: November 16, 2004 12:23PM

Phoenix, it is called Miracle on St. David's Day, by Gillian Clarke. Here's a link to it:

[www.birdforum.net] />

Les

Posted by: Pam Adams (---.bus.csupomona.edu)
Date: November 16, 2004 03:00PM

In a mere 17 minutes- impressive!

pam

Posted by: phoenixbyrd911 (---.server.ntli.net)
Date: November 16, 2004 07:52PM

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou
Thhhhaaaaannnnkkkyyyyooouuu!!!!
Did i say thank you....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This poetry forum at emule.com powered by Phorum.