Lost Poetry Quotations
 In search of a long lost poem? Remember only a fragment? Post here! 

eMule -> The Poetry Archive -> Forums -> Lost Poetry Quotations

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Do you know who wrote 'how can we teach a child'?
Posted by: Jehangir Pocha (---.ny5030.east.verizon.net)
Date: August 13, 2004 12:48AM

How can we teach a child to reach beyond himself and touch a star, we who have stooped so low ?
How can we tell a child to dwell in honor and live and die for truth, we who have lived a lie ?
How can we say to him the way of life is through the gate of love, we who have learned to hate ?
How can we teach a child to pray and turn him toward the way of faith. We who no longer pray ?

THanks!

Re: Do you know who wrote 'how can we teach a child'?
Posted by: Hugh Clary (---.denver-03rh16rt-04rh15rt.co.dial-access.att.ne)
Date: August 13, 2004 12:52PM

Personally, I am always suspicious of Reverends who quote "poems" given to them by a man named Charles.

[islandgazette.net]

Posted by: Pam Adams (---.bus.csupomona.edu)
Date: August 13, 2004 01:07PM

And how has this guy grown up without having ever heard the term 'post-modernism?'

pam

Also, he's wrong- the Jetson's house is futuristic, not post-modern.

Posted by: IanB (---.tnt11.mel1.da.uu.net)
Date: August 13, 2004 09:52PM

Also, for someone bragging of having learned about post-modernism he appears surprisingly incapable of communicating anything interesting or illuminating about it.
Perhaps not surprising, when you consider what a nebulous concept it is. I have often asked supposed intellectuals of the literary and art worlds what post-modernism means without getting concise or coherent answers.
I did however receive one from Australian poet/academic Jennifer Strauss who without a moment's hesitation answered "Failure of faith in form".

Post Edited (01-17-05 07:40)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This poetry forum at emule.com powered by Phorum.