Lost Poetry Quotations
 In search of a long lost poem? Remember only a fragment? Post here! 

eMule -> The Poetry Archive -> Forums -> Lost Poetry Quotations

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Silver Flute
Posted by: Charlie Ketchum (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 12, 2004 03:13PM

search poem "The big cat played on a silver flute and the little cat sat and listened" I don't remember author. It's at least 75 years old, probably more.
Thank You!

Re: Silver Flute
Posted by: lg (---.trlck.ca.charter.com)
Date: August 12, 2004 03:54PM

Charlie, it's not on the internet. My only advice would be to try to trace the source of the poem. Was it in a text book? Are there others who might know the source, if you could find an author, or the name of the text in which it was found I think you might be able to find it.

There are many amateur songs/poems which unfortunately have never been published. It could also be one of those. If you have a college/university in your town their resource librarian might be able to give you some clues to help with your search. Also, newspapers of the era might have published the work. Good luck.

Les

Posted by: Charlie (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 12, 2004 09:57PM

Lee, Thanks for the reply. My Dad (b.1911 d.1950) used to recite it. I think the title is "The Deal" Years ago I found it in a large library, printed it out, but it was lost in a move. I had aurhor, but can't remember. I guess I'll have to go to a big city library and try that. Thanks again. Charlie

Posted by: Hugh Clary (---.denver-03rh16rt-04rh15rt.co.dial-access.att.ne)
Date: August 13, 2004 12:45PM

I am curious - how was it found in the large library? Title, first line ... ?

Posted by: lg (---.trlck.ca.charter.com)
Date: August 13, 2004 03:30PM

I think he's forgotten the author, since the time he looked it up to print it.

I had aurhor, but can't remember (now). If the title, is The Deal, it very well could be a song.

Les

Post Edited (08-13-04 14:31)

Date: August 15, 2004 04:17PM

Hi, It was years and years ago but at the time I lived near New Haven, CT and went to their wonderful library. I don't remember that I had the title , so I probably found it through first line.
Charlie

Date: August 15, 2004 04:20PM

Hi, Les, sorry I got your name wrong before.
I don't think it was a song, and it had 3 or 4 verses. I will keep trying and when I find it I will post the title and author.
Thanks, Charlie

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This poetry forum at emule.com powered by Phorum.