Lost Poetry Quotations
 In search of a long lost poem? Remember only a fragment? Post here! 

eMule -> The Poetry Archive -> Forums -> Lost Poetry Quotations

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
My Uncle James & Ella McStumping
Posted by: arjay9 (---.wlfdle.rnc.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: April 11, 2004 01:39PM

Hi, I am tring to track down a children's poetry book from my childhood. (probably published before 1979) - I lost the book, and my mother (loveinly) has yet to forgive me.

Two of the poems that I can remember are "Ella McStumping" She was fond of Jumping, and "My Uncle James" - from what I can remember, that poem went something like this. "My Uncle James was a terriable man, cooked his wife in a frying pan..... Some time later, a month or more, there came a knock on my uncles door. A great green devil was standing there, took my Uncle By the hair..... etc...." I used to know it by heart, but my memory is fading.

The book was in soft cover and contained many wild illistrations. The front cover of the book had a comic picture of the sun. The sun was holding a book, and on the cover of that book was a comic picture of the moon. The moon was holding a book with a picture of the sun on it.... and so on. The back cover started in reverse with the moon and his book being the first image.

any help in tracking this book or any of the authors would be much appreciated. Thank you all so very much in advance.

Arjay9@rogers.com

Re: My Uncle James & Ella McStumping
Posted by: StephenFryer (---.l4.c2.dsl.pol.co.uk)
Date: April 11, 2004 05:21PM

This?
[www.trishansasha.com] />

Stephen

Re: My Uncle James & Ella McStumping
Posted by: arjay9 (---.wlfdle.rnc.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: April 11, 2004 09:07PM

Hi, yes I had found that exact web page, with the Ella McStumping poem in it. That is not the book that I am looking for, but I am planning on hitting our local book store this week to check out that book and try and get more information on the author that wrote that particular poem - hoping that it will lead me in the right direction. Thanks for the heads up. yawning smiley)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This poetry forum at emule.com powered by Phorum.