Lost Poetry Quotations
 In search of a long lost poem? Remember only a fragment? Post here! 

eMule -> The Poetry Archive -> Forums -> Lost Poetry Quotations

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
some people are sent to us for a short time
Posted by: Guest (---.client.attbi.com)
Date: May 03, 2003 07:29PM

I'm trying to remember the name of this poem. I don't remember the exact words but some of the lines are like: 'Some people are sent to us for a short amount of time to help us learn a lesson, while others are destined to be with us forever.' The rest of it talks about telling people what they mean to you and another line says something about being sorry if you've ever done anything wrong in your friendship with them. Anyone know what it is?? Or even know what poem I'm talking about?

Re: TRYING TO FIND THIS POEM...
Posted by: Dawn Frye (---.du.volcano.net)
Date: May 06, 2003 02:40PM

A Rose by any other name is but a rose.....

Date: May 15, 2003 02:13PM

Thanks for reading my post, but I can't find the poem you suggested it might be. Do you know who the author is??
Thanks again!

Posted by: Les (---.trlck.ca.charter.com)
Date: May 15, 2003 03:25PM

Guest, this question has been asked before. Scan the responses below the question to see if any of the poems there fit your answer:

[www.emule.com] />
Les

Date: May 15, 2003 08:58PM

Thank you for the link, but it's not the same poem I was trying to find. If anyone knows what it might be please post back! I really wish I could remember what the name is. I think it might have a Hawiian looking name. I think it's like three words and means something about friendship...?
Any Ideas??

Posted by: Pam Adams (---)
Date: May 15, 2003 09:49PM

Could it be this one?

[www.angelfire.com] />
pam

Date: May 16, 2003 03:26PM

Well that's not it either, but it sounds VERY similar to it. But in the one I'm thinking of, it had a line that said something about being sorry to those who you might have hurt in the past and at the end of the poem, it said somthing about always remembering to tell people what they mean to you.
Thank you so much for that other link though...It's close to it, the begining sounds a lot the same but I'd still like to find the one I was looking for...So again if anyone has another poem that you think it might be PLEASE help me out here! I'd really like to find it!!

Posted by: Pam Adams (---)
Date: May 16, 2003 03:48PM

It sounds like one of those poems that get continually forwarded through email. Perhaps it will come around again.

pam

Posted by: robert kilgore (---.nas26.thornton1.co.us.da.qwest.net)
Date: March 08, 2004 02:03AM

I dont know the words, but it is about an old lady named rose that decided to go back to school and get her degree and did in the prosses. She touched so many lives at the university that most of the collage went to her funeral and brought a rose to but on her grave.

can you guys help me find this poem and where to get it? it would mean a lot. thanks robert

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This poetry forum at emule.com powered by Phorum.