Lost Poetry Quotations
 In search of a long lost poem? Remember only a fragment? Post here! 

eMule -> The Poetry Archive -> Forums -> Lost Poetry Quotations

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
can you help me find a poem?
Posted by: Jade (---.server.ntl.com)
Date: May 28, 2003 11:06AM

I took my GCSE English Literature exam about a week ago, and in the unseen poetry section of the questions there was a really nice poem, and everyone came out of the exam saying, 'wasn't that a good poem'.
I can't remember it off by heart, but I can remember what it was about, and I was wondering if anyone knew it, or knew where I could find it.
It was about a man called Harry, and he lived in a caravan, had a bit of a simple life, but he was happy and content. But people thought that he must be sad, and pittied him a bit for his life. And then in the last stanza, which is my favourite bit, went something like, 'And at his funeral, his friends tears fell like a thousand diamonds'
I did the Welsh Joint Education Commitee exam, so if anyone knows if they keep a kind of bank of past papers that might help too.
Thankyou!
Jade

Re: can you help me find a poem?
Posted by: Marian-NYC (---.nyc1.dsl.speakeasy.net)
Date: May 28, 2003 11:13AM

Haven't found it (yet) , but I applaud your effort to exonerate a maligned poem.

(Typo collectors: I wrote "exxonerate" by mistake -- I guess that means to be cleared of blame for an oil spill.)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This poetry forum at emule.com powered by Phorum.