Lost Poetry Quotations
 In search of a long lost poem? Remember only a fragment? Post here! 

eMule -> The Poetry Archive -> Forums -> Lost Poetry Quotations

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
looking for a poem
Posted by: Tracy (---.dnvr.uswest.net)
Date: May 22, 2003 01:35PM

Help! Am looking for a poem titled "Rachel in Heaven" with partial verse that reads as follows: "... and on her foot fall in the rustling leaves, her whisper on the wind, she speaks from a place beyond mortal pain." Would appreciate any info. Thank you

Re: looking for a poem
Posted by: Pam Adams (---)
Date: May 22, 2003 05:00PM

There's a suggestion on the 'Lost Quotations' page that a poem by this name appeared in the 2002 movie, Dragonfly. [www.poetrylibrary.org.uk] />
Is that where you found it?

pam

Date: May 22, 2003 06:32PM

That's the one!

Posted by: Pam Adams (---)
Date: May 22, 2003 08:34PM

Someone said it's by 'Philip J Barsington (1889-1965)'- I couldn't find any web info on the first pass.

pam

Date: May 23, 2003 11:26AM

I'm not having any luck with his name, either.

Posted by: Marian-NYC (---.nyc1.dsl.speakeasy.net)
Date: May 23, 2003 01:56PM

Generally, if a poem from a show or movie (or ad) doesnt' show up in a simple net search, it's because it was written FOR that show or movie (or ad). If Barsington existed, he may have been the father of someone who wrote the movie.

Date: May 23, 2003 04:22PM

That's not what I wanted to hear! Any other ideas?

Posted by: Hugh Clary (---.MCLNVA23.covad.net)
Date: May 23, 2003 04:43PM

Uh, rent the movie? Just guessing, you understand.

Posted by: Marian-NYC (---.nyc1.dsl.speakeasy.net)
Date: May 27, 2003 03:40PM

Rent the movie and WATCH THE CREDITS.

If the poem pre-dates the movie, there will be a note in the credits giving the title, author, copyright date, and who granted permission for its use in the movie.

ANOTHER WAY TO GO: Start with the official website for the movie [ [www.dragonflymovie.com] ] and find an email address for PUBLIC RELATIONS at the studio that produced it ... or find the screenwriter(s)'s name and look him/them up on the internet and ask ... or find a fan site and see if some resourceful fan of the film has already done one or both of the above.

AND IF YOU FIND OUT: PLEASE POST THE ANSWER HERE!

Thanks,

Posted by: IanB (---.tnt11.mel1.da.uu.net)
Date: July 07, 2003 08:05AM

I'm sorry to say the 'Philip J Barsington' information was spurious, emanating from some twerp who eventually became such a tiresome nuisance that the Lost Quotations site had to close down.

Posted by: IanB (---.tnt11.mel1.da.uu.net)
Date: July 07, 2003 08:46AM

I should have explained also that the worthless posts of that public nuisance to Lost Quotations were made using false or hijacked email addresses as a signature. The real H.Peacock was not the one who posted the tripe about Philip J Barsington.

Posted by: Linda (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: July 07, 2003 06:35PM

Twerp is a very restrained description of the sa(i)d person

Posted by: StephenFryer (---.bbd12tcl.dsl.pol.co.uk)
Date: July 08, 2003 02:30AM

The Poetry Library Lost Quotations site was withdrawn, precisely because of this twerp's activities.

A new site will replace it later this year but it will not be interactive.

emule is now hosting the poem-finding activity on this page, and I am eternally grateful to the administrators for that.

Stephen

Posted by: Henry (213.78.97.---)
Date: July 14, 2003 05:39PM

Stephen - Thanks to you and to emule for providing this site. I didn't expect 'Philip J Barsington (1889-1965)' to follow us here. Is there no escape?
I met Odeflinger last week on my bicycle tour of the Wolds! Can I have your hotdog please?
You can moderate this message, Henry

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This poetry forum at emule.com powered by Phorum.