Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Acting out "A Dream Within a Dream"
Posted by: zack bc7 (192.168.128.---)
Date: December 04, 2006 11:23PM

Tomarro morning I am expected to give some sort of presentation on how to act out sir Edgar A. Poe's "A Dream Within a Dream", could any of you offer suggestions on how to do so? This would be much apreciated... as I am rather unhappy with the limited ideas I have now.

I think the acting out is ment to be wordless followed by a vocal interpretation of my silent acting.

Many thanks to you all

Options: Reply To This MessageQuote This Message
Re: Acting out "A Dream Within a Dream"
Posted by: lg (Moderator)
Date: December 05, 2006 03:55AM

Here's one man's interpretation of how the poem should sound: [www.psychicworld.net] />

Les

Re: Acting out "A Dream Within a Dream"
Posted by: Hugh Clary (192.168.128.---)
Date: December 05, 2006 11:51AM

[www.eapoe.org] />
"The reality of this "dream within a dream" lies in the power of its ideal values Innocence, Joy, Love, and Beauty the haunting Memory of a lost Eden deep in some Collective Unconscious? represents the potential of harmony of self with nature, of self with soul (or psyche), and of soul with some transcendent, Platonic Beauty. Although aspiring spirits among men may be touched by Beauty in the "Fairy-Land" of the imagination, the immemorial dream-ideal is threatened or destroyed by passing time, by the illusory reality of appearances, by ambition, and by passion (as distinguished from ideal."

[www.eapoe.org] />
[www.google.com]

Goto: Forum ListMessage ListSearchLog In
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This poetry forum at emule.com powered by Phorum.