User Submitted Poetry
 Interested in feedback about a piece you've written? 

eMule -> The Poetry Archive -> Forums -> User Submitted Poetry

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
a reflective facial expression
Posted by: K.Q. (212.118.14.---)
Date: April 28, 2004 08:33AM

Wisdom

It takes a healthy heart to hear truth,
A clear set of ears, only, to sense reality.
Although the former historicizes the latter,
The invisible living story still seeks sanity.

A pair of hands can handle heroic deeds;
Yet, Life calls for death to birth it.
Only passionate palms can plant seeds,
Although we are captured in a box of paradoxes.

Many have sight, some insight, a few vision;
Shooting stars can create light from a collision!

Re: a reflective facial expression
Posted by: lgreen (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: April 28, 2004 09:24AM

K.Q.: I love this----(this made me remember an agent I used to work with years ago--I used to refer to him as "the man with no ears"---not a compliment----)...I especially love the last stanza..........Ell

Ell

Date: April 28, 2004 09:34AM

Thanks a lot Igreen! I appreciate your feedback.

Posted by: JP (---.tnt1.rochelle.il.da.uu.net)
Date: April 28, 2004 02:23PM

Neat!

JP

Date: April 29, 2004 04:49AM

Thank you JP! "Neat" response smiling smiley

Posted by: lg (---.trlck.ca.charter.com)
Date: April 29, 2004 05:12AM

K. Q. if you are still curious about your question of how the website came to be what it is now you might ask Rudy who is one of the co-founders of e-mule. His e-mail address is:

rlippan@emule.com

On the subject line of your e-mail type in "Attention: Rudy"

He gets dozens of e-mails each day from advertisers so make sure you include his name on the subject line or he will not read the letter.

Les

Date: April 29, 2004 05:15AM

Thanks a milion ,Les!
p.s. Nothing on the poem?!smiling smiley

Posted by: lg (---.trlck.ca.charter.com)
Date: April 29, 2004 05:24AM

I like the poem, K. Q. There is much here to think about, but I think my favorite line is this:

It takes a healthy heart to hear truth

Many words are spoken, one must be aware which speak the truth.

I apologize about not responding above, but I did not realize at first that this was a new poem. I thought I had already read all of yours. This one slipped by me.

Les

Post Edited (04-29-04 04:42)

Date: April 29, 2004 05:50AM

No apologies needed! Thanks!

Posted by: Licky (---.range217-42.btcentralplus.com)
Date: April 29, 2004 06:50AM

K.Q

Excellent!!!

Leiky

Date: April 29, 2004 06:59AM

Thank you Leicky!

p.s. your signature is becoming very confusing! As soon as I get used to a spelling , you change it! or is it unintentionally done?

Posted by: Licky (---.range217-42.btcentralplus.com)
Date: April 29, 2004 07:08AM

K.Q

smiling smiley God, this is gonna bug people ... I change my signature regularly because
I have been advised by my friends (who are social workers) not to use the same name on internet chat sites.

Look, rather than annoy people, I will keep the same signature for a while and then change it - hopefully no one will be offended by this.

Sorry, sorry, sorry.

Leiky

Date: April 29, 2004 07:35AM

I am not annoyed, just wondering why? My god! I still can't understand!!What happened to good faith and trust?! What could happen if you do use a name? I do! you are scaring me now!!!

Posted by: Licky (---.range81-154.btcentralplus.com)
Date: April 29, 2004 09:08AM

K.Q

There is no reason to be scared. However, I did feel the need to show my posts and the responses to my posts to social workers because I felt that
I was unreasonably being made an example of. Since posting my poetry, I have been accussed of having low moral standards and the subjuect of victimisation. I have tried to keep my posts light hearted but even simple comments have been blown out of all proportion. Insightment to predjudice is not, in my mind, the way forward.

Leiky

Date: April 29, 2004 09:11AM

I will not be posting here in future.

Leiky

Date: April 29, 2004 09:12AM

Sorry!! Why?

Date: April 29, 2004 09:55AM

Posted by: Gwydion (209.53.139.---)
Date: April 29, 2004 11:27AM

KQ, fantastic work. To me the last stanza is soothing. Have you considered making a colleague of your Facial Expressions? Would be a great read!

Leicky, Licky, Leixcky or what have you: you are 31 and act as though you are 13! We share ideas, thoughts and creativity; we discuss, dissect and debate...take what you want from this forum, but know that you are leaving, because YOU choose to, not because you think we think you are un-moral, stupid and ignorant. YOU have inferred your own truths.

You might want to reread KQ's post, "Many words are spoken, one must be aware which speak the truth."

There is no reality, only perceptions.

Post Edited (04-29-04 10:33)

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. (Aristotle)

Posted by: Keeper of Light (208.14.26.---)
Date: April 29, 2004 11:36AM

KQ,
You demonstrated and enormous ammount of insight in this one. It was a very good read.

Leicky,
Come now. They are mean to me sometimes. You just gotta take it sometimes. This is a forum for those who like to make points, but who are not afraid to be argued against. I still love you Leicky. Don't go!

Again smashing poem!

"Loving people is like farting in the wind; You don't actually accomplish anything, but you feel better."

~The Great and Powerful Angelia~

Posted by: K.Q. (217.144.4.---)
Date: April 30, 2004 04:35AM

Thanks Gwyn and Keeper! I appreciate your comments.
Leicky,
Thanks for taking the time to express yourself. I too love you! Listen, nothing and nobody is worth doubting yourself. When I joined here, I did it by choice and despite all feel as if I am among a chosen family who have thier ups and downs. Family members do fight , disagree, and reconcile. If someone is annoying you, there are many things you can do depending on what you want. The range goes from ignoring them way down to bashing and scolding. Just know what you do and don't want! As for your poetry being trivial or unserious, I think that is crap! Who sets standards? I believe not in the concept behind this word. Poetry and art are forms of expression. Nobody has the right to confiscate your expressions no matter what they are. I also do not believe in art for art's sake. Everything in reality has a function that can be intrinsic or extrinsic. In that function lay the true value of who and what you are to yourself and those surrounding you! If expressing yourself through what you write makes you feel good, brings out what is within , then it is good despite what others think. If it is able to touch but one persons heart or thought , then it is good. Value and values are personal in where they come from and who they address. I value you and act by values of honestry and trust in human beings. But all that does not give me the right to judge you. You are uniquely complete on your own without any external judgement from anyone whether good or bad! I believe in you but you still must believe in yourself. Search deep inside and I am sure you will be able to see the beautiful person you are. I do!!!Take care, whatever your decision may be!smiling smiley

Date: April 30, 2004 09:31AM

Date: May 03, 2004 09:08AM

It is a pity to lose you, know that! I still can't claim I fully understand. Life is too packed to stop at points like this and be unable to get over and beyond! I am sorry for what ,at least, I could and didn't do!!

Date: May 04, 2004 09:54AM

Many have sight, some insight, a few vision;
Why do we always have to encounter such a collision?

Life could be easier!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This poetry forum at emule.com powered by Phorum.