Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Hey, you. With the p***s (WARNING: Potentially Offensive Content)
Posted by: Lady of the Night (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: November 25, 2003 12:52AM

Yeah, you.
I'm gonna cut off those
prunes, those wrinkled
brussel sprouts, those smelly
"jewels," you're so proud of.

You think they make you a man?
You're probably right --
let's see how much of a "man"
you are without them.

I'll keep them each in their own
jar of icy cold water. Wonder if
that has the same effect
as when you go swimming?
I'd laugh so hard.

But just so I don't come off
so horrible to the world, lemme
tell you why.

You don't deserve them!
You don't use them for anything except
to spill your seed so you can feel
manlier, but you run like a Sally
when you find out she's
pregnant.

Or maybe you and your drugs'll
stick around 'cause it's the
other 'cool' thing to do.

But most of all, you don't use 'em
to stand against the flame and
accept the burn.
When things get a little hot,
a little complicated,
a little out of touch, you take
off running, God help
the promises
and people you broke.

So, girls, bring your latest
collection of castorations, and
let's dish, shall we?

One swore to me he'd always
be there!
I should've known.
He swore nothing could change
how he viewed me!
He was wrong.

Another one fell in love with me,
gave his heart to me unconditionally --
'till she came along. Jealous,
and so she threw back his ring.
But guess who got the s* for it.

And back to you all,
the Sallys with d
*s.

Why is it always the one who's
always been there? Why is it the one
who'd never hurt you? Why is it
always the one who would
GIVE YOU FOREVER?

Don't want me to call?

DON'T WORRY.

Post Edited (11-24-03 23:57)

I never conquered, rarely came, sixteen just held such better days.

Options: Reply To This MessageQuote This Message
Re: Hey, you. With the p***s (WARNING: Potentially Offensive Content)
Posted by: illudiumphosdex (12.161.194.---)
Date: November 25, 2003 01:20AM

Just when I was getting comfortable with mine....

Date: November 25, 2003 01:26AM

Lol, it's fine as long as ya use 'em right. I mean, I wouldn't cut 'em off for nothing, right? That's just plain mean!

Lady of the Night

Posted by: illudiumphosdex (12.161.194.---)
Date: November 25, 2003 01:46AM

Oh. Well. OK then...

Posted by: Brucefur (---.ca.shawcable.net)
Date: November 25, 2003 04:46AM

Nutmeg,

Sorry I missed your message to me earlier in the day, but maybe it was just as well, because I am feeling a little antisocial anyway. Just got home after being away for 7 months, and so I find that I am avoiding people, even those that I like.

Some of what you are say... ranting about here, is true to some degree. Some men do define who they are by physical/sexual prowess, but once they hit their mid twenties, I think that tapers off significantly. We also aren't the only gender that places heavy stock in sexual endowment as part of our self image. Just ask any woman who has been unfortunate enough to have been diagnosed with breast cancer; many of them end up in identity crises, but that isn't really what you are saying, is it? You aren't being literal, you are being metaphorical. i.e. Balls = courage. You are also making the analogy though, that they are also equated with honour (keeping their word) and that dear, IS a bit of a stretch.

What is true about those jewels of ours, is that they do define us as men on a physical level. Remove them comletely at a young enough age and the male body transforms into something nearly a woman. Therefore, it is a side effect of BEING male that we are subjected to large amounts of testosterone (sp) which in turn is associated with anger and other judgement impairing factors. Especially between the ages of 16-23 (by my own assessment). It is during this period that men are MOST intent on sex, and perhaps again around the age of 40 (that midlife, try to recapture their lost youth syndrome).
Human bodies ARE very cyclic in how they work, both in regards to moods and growth/aging.

Basically it comes down to one thing Nutmeg; people are flawed, and no matter how much someone loves you, or doesn't want to hurt someone, it is inevitible that love will wax and wane over time, and that you will ALWAYS get hurt by people (we are predators after all; just look in the mirror and you will see that your eyes do in fact face forward (and that ain't to hunt down vegetables deary!!!)).

So, although I know that you are hurt, try and step back and assess things rationally. Most importantly, see if you can't understand things from their point of view. I find at times, that even when I think that they are still in error, that by doing so, I still must acknowledge the validity of their reactions.
Remember too that we are all products of a unique upbringing; no two people are ever brought up exactly the same, and that diverges still further when the family isn't yours, or nationality, or race, etc... Or age for that matter (yes, Dreambabe, I still contend that you are in error, and that there is a VAST difference between generational gaps and age gaps.).

Hope that gives you some food for thought.

Now, here is the HUG that you asked for...

HUGHUGHUGHUGHUGHUGHUGS

With love and affection,

Posted by: Debutant (---.range81-152.btcentralplus.com)
Date: November 25, 2003 07:01AM

Lady,

Sock it to them.

I say cut them up, display them 'jewels' in your cabinet.
Testosterone in their brain they should learn to contain,
To say what they know they never really meant.
Perhaps it should be on the forehead or near the heart,
At least you'll know it'll match your modern art.
By the way, please
Don't call me when you're in this mood,
I really fearfully fear for my manhood.

Debtant

Posted by: twotenranch (---.75.23.230.Dial1.Phoenix1.Level3.net)
Date: November 25, 2003 11:04AM

You can only hurt one who loves you. If they don't care if you live or die, how can you effect them?
ON the other side of the coin "Lady", having never cheated on wife nor girlfriend, I plead innocent. I did once find a head on the pillow where I thought mine should be. You may be and may get hurt, but be carefult that you don't do the hurting. Being unfaithful is not a copywrite of males.

Terry

Date: November 25, 2003 11:34AM

Bruce was the closest in y'alls responses, that yes, I equate balls with courage, but it takes courage to keep your word. Girls got 'balls,' and REAL men got 'balls.'

I was talking to Angelito about this last night, and he's not the most sensitive guy in the world, but basically, he just reaffirmed what I already knew. Most guys are looking for the here and now, and the past doesn't matter. Tommy had a girl who was willing to marry him, where I wasn't, so when forced to choose, he chose the one who made him choose! If that doesn't make any sense, it's like this: WHY on earth would you pick your fiancee over your girl friend, when making you choose just proves how possessive she is?

I've kind of been put in the place of choosing boyfriend/friend before, except it wasn't friend. Many people have insinuated (a few quite said it quite bluntly) that I had to pick between boyfriend/God, or boy friend/God. I DIDN'T CHOOSE. There's no such thing as forcing someone to choose.

So this, Bruce, is why I really don't get their situation. I know it's possible not to choose, because I didn't/don't. If Angelito ever said "It's me or him/her," and was serious about it, without just cause, I'd choose my friends (unless he had good reason to choose, like if they were druggies or something). I CANNOT fathom choosing romance over a five and a half or two and a half year friendship with someone who's always been there, always will be, dealt with all your crap, etc. etc.. Why did I get the boot????

And as for Jeremy, he didn't choose between me and anybody. Remember "Friends with Complications" and how I was saying I was scared I'd ruined things? Apparently, I did more so than I thought. "I came on too strong." He called me overly obsessive. He said the only one who'd ever resembled my "actions" was this stalker he'd had. So much for open, honest communication. So much for taking the heat face on, like he'd always admired me for. So much for ALL the s* I did and went through. I'm OVER it. For the first time in my life.... I am seriously doubting the integrity of all males. You all are left with one representative, though, and that's my father. I've known him for almost 19 years, and never has he ever gone back on his word. He doesn't run from his problems. He stands there and faces them, or lets them pass on their own.

I have lost Adam, Chris, Chris, Allan, Tommy, Jeremy, Kurtis, Ryan, Matt all to the one Promise "I'll always be there for you." Jeremy says that he's still, if he wasn't, he wouldn't have written the letter he did, he'd have just cut his losses and walked away. Then he said "Yeah, I didn't take kindly to being called a bas
** ... you said f* me in your IMs to Amanda NO MEG F* YOU Have a wonderful day, yours truly, Jeremy." As if that's not cutting his losses or anything. I'll cut something from him.... I was there for him when no one else was -- and now I'm not. For the first time, I won't be.

Debutant,

You make me smile, once again smiling smiley I'm not the type to take out my anger on other people; don't worry.

Terry,

That saying contradicts "better to have loved and lost then never to have loved at all." Makes people wanna just say "Okay, fine, I won't love anymore." But then doesn't that make for a bleak existence?

Lady of the Night

Posted by: dreambabe (---.tdbank.ca)
Date: November 25, 2003 12:36PM

Bruce,
except for the 'gap', i actually agreed with what you have said about men.

Posted by: Brucefur (---.ca.shawcable.net)
Date: November 25, 2003 02:00PM

Lol. Thanks Dreambabe (yes, I know that I owe you!).

Lady Nutmeg,

First off let me state a fact: EVERYTHING is a choice. You ALWAYS have one, it may suck, but it is there.

Most guys are looking for the here and now? Hmm... Not if, as you yourself say, he is choosing a life partner over you (fiancée), because the choice that he is making is for something that has vows attached. Friends don't have such legal/celestial obligations to one another. I have had friends that I thought were like brothers, only to have them take their 1 month girlfriends word over mine. Yes, it hurts, but at least now I know not to trust them with my life, or those that I care about.

You are ranting a lot there dear, so it is hard to determine what your real issue is, but from what I can gather, it is the fact that a 20 something boy is acting like you kicked sand in his face in the sandbox.
The sad truth dear, is that sometimes, no matter how accurate our assessment of a situation is; those we care about don't want to hear it, or to give them some credit, may not be in the right place yet to absorb it properly.

The truth is; anger never resolves anything, nor do ultimatums. So don't be rash and say something that you might regret later and can't take back. Like Stephen Fryer advises with regards to poetry; take a few days to ponder what you wish to say and then deal with the problem in a calmer frame of mind.

When I am really in a testosterone tornado (i.e. I know that I am not truly rational) I write a Letter. I have a whole bunch of letters that I have never sent; and a good thing too!
The letters allow me to vent, but even more than that, they force me to see where I, myself, am being illogical, obstinate, and unreasonable. Often these letters serve to reaffirm my love for the person that I am releasing my anger upon (because 9 times out of 10 dear, the one that I am really, REALLY pissed at, is me!).

Take my advice and give it a go. Write a letter to each of them. Wait a day (or more if you need to). Read them over and reassess the situation. Then, if you still want these people in your life, write them again (yes, write, don't call. If you phone, it is often much easier for tensions to escalate all over again, because although you may have been able to let some things go, THEY haven't written their letters and so are still stuck in their NOW!).

Rootin' tootin' for ya dear.

Yer lil' cabbage,
Brucefur winking smiley

Date: November 25, 2003 07:21PM

Bruce, darling, you have no idea how much your last four words mean to me right now... I love you, and thank you so much for always being there... I've got to go for now. I need some fresh air.

Lady of the Night

Posted by: JP (---.tnt1.rochelle.il.da.uu.net)
Date: November 26, 2003 12:47AM

Lady,
You spend the summer in California and look what happens.
JP

Posted by: twotenranch (---.75.23.171.Dial1.Phoenix1.Level3.net)
Date: November 26, 2003 10:29AM

The difference between and man and a boy is a boy crys for himself and laughs at others, a man laughs at himself and crys for others. The difference between a girl and a woman is a woman can tell the difference between a man and a boy, a girl cannot.
Perhaps one should be more careful before dispatching ones heart.

Terry

Date: November 27, 2003 12:35PM

JP,

It wasn't the Californians that did it sad smiley Well, one of 'em was Californian, but he's not in this poem.

Thank you, Terry. See, I thought I WAS being careful. How are you supposed to REALLY be sure? And what if you're wrong? What's the point in even trying anymore if you know you can't depend on anyone but yourself?

Lady of the Night

Posted by: twotenranch (---.75.20.154.Dial1.Phoenix1.Level3.net)
Date: November 27, 2003 03:19PM

But you can, just approach like you would any other dangerous situation. Slowly. Find out what is in the dark before you charge through the door.
Then one day you will notice that he still isn't gone. Thirty Three years later he's still there. Hmmmmmmm worth doing? Oh yes, well worth doing.

Terry

Date: November 29, 2003 01:53AM

Thirty Three years later... that'd be 20-someodd years into my marriage to another man which turned out miserable but I won't divorce because of celestial obligations... boy that's depressing.

You know you're alone when you have no one with whom to celebrate the first paycheck from your new job.

Lady of the Night

Posted by: illudiumphosdex (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: November 29, 2003 09:55AM

In the past, I've always been able to share such news with the local bartender. Sad, but undoubtedly true.

Date: December 01, 2003 12:10PM

Yeah... I don't have the ID or desire to get into a bar. Oh well, ya just hold on, right? It's all we can do! Oh, and I spent the check... got a new outfit and some earrings grinning smiley

Lady of the Night

Posted by: pentupemotions (---.195.39.162.ip.alltel.net)
Date: December 08, 2003 04:34PM

Lady,  I'm new here and will try not to make any waves. I enjoy reading others works but will rarely critique. If I have anything to say at all it will be my true feelings and my own opinion. <br />
  I felt your anger but not your pain. The pain I did feel was solely my own for I am a man and being one, it hurts me to see that I am lumped into such a category.<br />
  I'm glad you have so much to say and look forward to reading more.<br />

In other words I liked it.

Date: December 08, 2003 09:10PM

Make waves, make waves!! We like waves smiling smiley The weak get swept out to sea, the amateurs swim back to shore to start over again a different way, the smart swim under, and the strong swim through. Which are you?

I apologize if I've hurt you with my opinion/work, but many "men" have hurt me. I actually had a 20-year old guy tell me there are no men on the face of the planet. Isn't that the age when a guy believes he's a man?

Lady of the Night

Posted by: xiimix (---.univde01.de.comcast.net)
Date: December 09, 2003 01:38PM

this poem gives me a raging hard on, my fiance would love you

Posted by: Jean-Paul Bonhomme (---.nt.net)
Date: December 09, 2003 03:11PM

xiimix,

Be nice

Date: December 09, 2003 11:24PM

Unless you're gay, you'd have a fiancee. Two e's. And yes, be nice. WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE! Ya never know who's reading these forums, buddy...

Lady of the Night

Posted by: -Les- (---.trlck.ca.charter.com)
Date: December 09, 2003 11:31PM

Date: December 09, 2003 11:43PM

I censored so that a mother with kids in the room could skip over it while sifting through threads, and in any case, what I said, censored or otherwise, is better on a child's ears (or eyes, in this case) than what he said.

Lady of the Night

Date: December 09, 2003 11:45PM

And who's to be the judge as to whether Ps or *on is the more offensive?

Les

Date: December 09, 2003 11:53PM

ps is anatomical. *on is not.

Lady of the Night

Date: December 09, 2003 11:55PM

My point was who brought up the body parts? xiimix merely responded to a thread which "you" started.

Les

Date: December 10, 2003 12:03AM

Yes, but he could've censored, at least. I mean, for myself, I'm not hugely offended. But some people c/would be. That's all I'm saying... then again, I did warn as to the content................................. you have a point.

steps down

Lady of the Night

Date: December 10, 2003 12:06AM

I apologize for badgering you Lady, but if you can find anywhere else on this forum where xiimix has said anything else which is objectionable or in any way off color, I would like to see it.

My point is you can't open the out house door and then complain about the smell!

Les

Posted by: omantic_53 (---.cpe.cableone.net)
Date: December 10, 2003 01:43AM

Crosses his legs and keeps his balls warm, close and tight...ha ha

Nice poem that makes me skittish............

Date: December 10, 2003 03:08AM

LES
Even though LON's poem was iffy to some people, in my opinion, it was in good taste.

LON
Things like this happen when we get close to the edge of the fence.
I don't think you said anything wrong; however, this has the potential to bother someone's conciense.

LES
There is a humungous difference between the subject matter and the way it was presented and some vulgar cretin saying something crude in reference to it (this poem gives me a raging hard on, my fiance would love you)
I was obvious, at least to me, that this was a serious attempt at art, not a porno poem. I was also offende because of his language

Date: December 10, 2003 03:09AM

LES
Even though LON's poem was iffy to some people, in my opinion, it was in good taste.

LON
Things like this happen when we get close to the edge of the fence.
I don't think you said anything wrong; however, this has the potential to bother someone's conciense.

LES
There is a humungous difference between the subject matter and the way it was presented and some vulgar cretin saying something crude in reference to it (this poem gives me a raging hard on, my fiance would love you)
I was obvious, at least to me, that this was a serious attempt at art, not a porno poem. I was also offended because of his language

Posted by: argo (---.chartertn.net)
Date: December 10, 2003 12:57PM

after having read the poem and the subsequent posts, i find myself mildly amused. for two of you to go off half-cocked over the terminolgy of xiimix is a real riot. les is correct, the poem opened the door. jean-paul, do you really consider a poem about genital mutilation to be in good taste only to complain avidly about the use of the word "hardon?" perhaps erection would be more to your liking. the term "vulgar cretin" was out of line.

argo

Post Edited (12-10-03 14:26)

Posted by: Pam Adams (134.71.192.---)
Date: December 10, 2003 02:56PM

There was one on the Discussion page, but apparently Stephen has zapped it.

pam

Date: December 10, 2003 05:49PM

Oh boy...... let's just drop it!!

Lady of the Night

Posted by: Keeper of Light (---.texoma.net)
Date: December 10, 2003 05:58PM

I too am slightly amused. Of course I think that I probably shouldn't have read any of these. I am a bit too young, me thinks. Anyway, it was an interesting poem. I understand that many people feel that way when things go wrong. (I wouldn't know.) I suppose I am a very lonely child. Never been in love. Mother says that I have a heart of stone though. She's mad at me because my dog got eaten and I didn't cry. She thinks that I am a horrible person. I can't help it I guess. I really think that I am blind to emotions. Look at me rambling on. Good poem, me thinks.

"Loving people is like farting in the wind; You don't actually accomplish anything, but you feel better."

~The Great and Powerful Angelia~

Posted by: Jean-Paul (205.233.28.---)
Date: December 10, 2003 08:45PM

We obviously have different opinions about what is appropriate. The poem may have been worded harshly, but I appreciated the subject, not the choice of wording. I still think that xiimix's comment was rude.
I just didn't see how this poem depicting disgust at manipulative machismo could evoke a response like the one xiimix had.
You are right, argo, the term vulgar cretin was out of line. I apologize.
I judged the person and not the action.
xiimix, I am sorry.

Jean-Paul Bonhomme

"I "Love Summer more than I hate Winter"

Date: December 11, 2003 12:25AM

In normal, everyday conversation, if I KNEW the guy, I wouldn't care one way or the other if he said what he did, but I would have to actually know him; he'd have to be my buddy. Being that he's not, I just thought it was kind of rude, and... out of place.

However, it has nothing to do with the poem, and since this is my thread, I said be done with it!

Lady of the Night

Date: December 11, 2003 09:58PM

Spoken with confidence and emphasis.
You go girl!
smiling smiley

Date: December 11, 2003 10:38PM

geez sorry it was a joke
if i knew we were going to put up a stinky poo i woiul not have said it

Date: December 12, 2003 12:45AM

S'okay, xiimix. We got a little out of hand, I suppose... No worries?

Lol, thanks goodfella

Lady of the Night

Posted by: KTA (---.dial.entanet.co.uk)
Date: December 12, 2003 09:03AM

Good peice about Bo*$!£^ks. I'll keep mine safe.

Posted by: Davey Zhang (---.studuni.ucl.ac.uk)
Date: December 12, 2003 10:45AM

this poem was the dogs bollocks !

Date: December 12, 2003 08:08PM

Lol, thanks.

Lady of the Night

Date: December 12, 2003 08:20PM

you cant say dogs b#llocks
someone might be offended

Posted by: bobo (---.tampabay.rr.com)
Date: December 13, 2003 01:48AM

"course jacosity
catches the crowd
shakespeare and i
are often low browed
the fishwife curse
and the laugh of the horse
shakespeare and i
are frequently coarse...

...but bill he would chuckle
to hear such guff
he liked rough stuff
and he pulled rough stuff

hoping you are the same"

archi

Don Marquis

So sometimes art is offensive... your point?

bobo

Date: December 13, 2003 06:09AM

im just saying that its funny
were having a 3day discussion over something silly
im not trying to offend people,but i guess I have replied to negative replies on my poetry offensivly though. i guess when someone says something negative to my stuff i get a lil stinky. but in this case i thought it was a joke and would have been over by now

funny haha
but yes it was a good poem i thought and should have said so and left it at that

so did anyone watch that show Angels in america last sunday

Date: December 13, 2003 01:43PM

Thought I said this argument was over?

Lady of the Night

Date: December 13, 2003 06:07PM

Hunh! What argument?
What are you talking about?

Date: December 14, 2003 11:53PM

Never mind, Jean-Paul. Never mind smiling smiley Hey, do you plan on answering my email??? raises brow

Lady of the Night

Date: December 15, 2003 01:33AM

What E-Mail?
I haven't received any from you (That I know of)

Date: December 16, 2003 05:02AM

Yes... I wrote you from my AOL addy in response to your letter to my hotmail. My AOL addy is AngeDuWest@aol.com and I posted somewhere here on eMule that I had. Check your mail, buddy!!

Lady of the Night

Date: December 16, 2003 03:37PM

Could you resend it?
Try my hotmail address (starshipenterprise_1@hotmail.com) or my ISP home address (montana@ntl.sympatico.ca)
What address did you send it to?

Do you know who IceQueen435@hotmail.com is?

That is the only one I can find in my "Sent" folder that I can think of (regarding who on this site other than Stephen that I E-Mailed)

Date: December 16, 2003 03:40PM

Could you resend it?
Try my hotmail address (starshipenterprise_1@hotmail.com) or my ISP home address (montana@ntl.sympatico.ca)
What address did you send it to?

Do you know who IceQueen435@hotmail.com is?

That is the only one I can find in my "Sent" folder that I can think of (regarding who on this site other than Stephen that I E-Mailed)

Sorry, just checked your profile. That was you.
If you replied to that EMail, then it was montana@ntl.sympatico.ca that you replied to.
Your E-Mail may have been accidentally erased or even filtered.
Try sending it to my hotmail account.

Sorry for the trouble

Date: December 19, 2003 01:43PM

Minus five hundred points!!!! IceQueen435@hotmail.com is ME, buddy. Not cool!

Lady of the Night

Date: December 20, 2003 03:35AM

I don't get it.
What do you mean?
Did I offend you?
If I did, I'm sorry and please tell me how so I don't do it again.

Posted by: Percival (---.humboldt1.com)
Date: December 20, 2003 10:48AM

That hurt my balls. You're mean. ouchys

Date: December 22, 2003 08:13PM

"Do you know who IceQueen435@hotmail.com is?" That's what I meant. Can't believe you forgot me so easily.

I'm not the mean one, Perc. Men are!

Lady of the Night

Posted by: Brucefur (---.ok.shawcable.net)
Date: December 23, 2003 04:39AM

Actually Nutmeg,

I think that it is people that are mean. Neither sex holds a monopoly on nasty, believe me.

Even so humanity has had some shining moments; Jesus, Buddha, Confuscious (sp), Gandhi, Sir Isaac Newton, Mother Theresa, Joan of Arc and many others.

Terry's advice is very sound. I would advise you to emulated it.

Love,

Posted by: Jean-Paul Bonhomme (209.226.90.---)
Date: December 23, 2003 10:59AM

I'm sorry, I never knew you as IceQueen435@hotmail.com.
Don't forget, I'm a newbie (sounds like Newfie)
From your postings, I can't picture you as an Ice Queen!
Men AND woman are cruel, but in different ways.
Men are more physical bullies, whereas woman are pychological bullies.
I don't mean that as a generalization, but as a general reflection on our strengths with regards to gender.

Posted by: Lady of the Night (---.tys.bellsouth.net)
Date: May 23, 2004 12:15AM

I just realized there were more posts! My apologies on being so late.

Brucefur,

I do agree with Terry's advice and am trying to 'emulate it,' as you say.

Jean-Paul,

Again, I agree. And yes, I am an Ice Queen! It takes a true man to melt me.

Lady of the Night

Posted by: Me! (---.ia4.marketscore.com)
Date: May 23, 2004 01:56AM

a WOMEN SCORNED. . . .DEADLY. i LIKE POEM. i HAVE HARDLY READ ANY POEMS THAT TAKE A SUBJECT TO THIS DEGREE.

Keep it simple!

Posted by: sonia (62.231.197.---)
Date: May 23, 2004 02:41AM

after all the posts i forgot the poem.
but i liked it...im too amateur a poet to tell u what i liked...but isnt it too harsh even when someone has hurt u that much to cut off their......
well...i shouldnt b scared coz im not a man grinning smiley..
but if u say it was a metaphor for courage....and o on n so forth...

doesnt it imply to cutting off what they already DON'T have... ???

Posted by: Lady of the Night (---.tys.bellsouth.net)
Date: May 23, 2004 12:53PM

Me!,

Were you saying I wasn't simple? Or is that your signature? Or what? Lol. In any case, thanks for reading and liking.

Sonia,

It's kind of a double meaning (double-edged sword).

You see, metaphorically speaking, they have them, but don't USE them. They don't USE their courage. So I'll just take them away, and nothing will really change except their ego and "manliness."

Literally speaking, I can't say as I'd ever actually go so far as to literally cut them off, but here's what I was trying to say literally. Men, typically are supposed to be the brave, strong, protecting ones, yes (females, please don't burn me at the stake.. I'm not being sexist)? However, if they aren't brave, strong and protecting, what's the point in their being a man? Cut 'em off!!

Does this make any sense?

Lady of the Night

Posted by: lg (Moderator)
Date: December 18, 2005 01:39AM

Just for the record, Lady. You are the same "lady" who wrote this?

Les

Posted by: Ebon Lupus (192.168.128.---)
Date: December 18, 2005 04:58AM

I knew there was a reason I don't do humans. It's like... whoa! PMS attack! But beautifully written none the less! tucks tail and backs up

Posted by: K.Q. (192.168.128.---)
Date: December 18, 2005 02:29PM

yep this is one of my favorites. And for the record, dangerous as I may be, I read this to my students and we thoroughly discussed it.

Posted by: lg (Moderator)
Date: December 18, 2005 02:41PM

And for the record, dangerous as I may be, I read this to my students and we thoroughly discussed it.

Interesting, Khalida, did you also send copies of the text to parents, which we are required to do upon request of the school board?

Les

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2005 02:41PM by lg.

Date: December 18, 2005 03:11PM

People actually castrate non-human animals all the time without giving it a second thought. Amazing how it becomes a big deal when in reference to the single most megalomaniacal animal on earth.

Personally, I think all women should have hysterectomies to prevent unwanted humans. There's so many of the freaks laying around on big city streets and in third world countries. Why women? Well, they're the one's who have the babies... and don't keep their legs crossed. mischievous pant

Date: December 18, 2005 06:07PM

No, I didn't Les. I think I have cause to believe that my students' parents trust me when it comes to contextual safety. I did not do so for no reason, on the contrary, it added dimensions to an ongoing discussion we had. I also have no doubt some of the parents read the poem in a continaution of the discussion at home. We were actually studying a novel by Nawal Saadawi translated into English entitled "Woman at Point Zero". I think you will find much to learn in reading it. My students and I did!
And btw, when I did read poetry related to that novel in class, I searched up all related poems on emule and printed them out, to show different views. I can list them if you wish.

"hysterectomies"? That is a new way of hiding behind fear!

Posted by: Vic Jefferies (192.168.128.---)
Date: December 20, 2005 03:52AM

So much for ridding the world of horror and wars by electing gentle, sympathetic, caring, understanding, non violent, humane females to positions of power and leadership!
I mean, "If the world was ruled by women it would be a gentler more caring place."
Oh Yeah????

Posted by: mephestopheles (192.168.128.---)
Date: December 20, 2005 04:19AM

We do need knind, gentle people, of all genders, "running" things. We also needtofull recognize the dangerous and violent tendencies each of us has. I do not just mean this as a generalization. If we hide from our violences and our pathologies, or ifwe slide our disgusting aspects under the rug, they will creep into our unguarded moments,larger, more dangerous. But this is anold story, at lest seven thousand years (Sumer, Bronze Age), maybe a hundred thousand (Neandertal, Homo Sapiens sapiens). Civilization seems impossible without both, which is why we have to be honest with ourselves and our children even about our most distasteful moments.

amo,

and forward,

Peter

Date: December 20, 2005 04:20AM

Amen!

Posted by: Vic Jefferies (192.168.128.---)
Date: December 20, 2005 05:12AM

mephostopheles and K.Q.

Absolutely, but this is not what we have been told for the last forty odd years by radical feminists who have declared that war, violence, crime and horror are essentially the exclusive province of males.
If I had written a similar poem suggesting, even remotely suggesting, that women should be sexually mutilated to atone for their perceived lack of romantic loyalty, I doubt that it would have been allowed space on this or any other intelligent site and rightly so.
I believe I understand the issues but I do not agree that this is the way to express the frustrations and sense of wrong the poet is trying to express.

Date: December 20, 2005 05:57AM

We are all human, Vic. Anyone denying the other's humanity is lacking what s/he denies. However, there are moments, psychological states, perhaps circumstances that may instigate/provoke such emotions that last with the occasion. If their duration grows longer, then the person concerned has learnt what I call 'the wrong lesson from life'. Exposure has healing powers when it invites openness and empathy.

Date: December 20, 2005 06:23AM

We should have the right to try to express ANYTHING we want or need with words. They are only words. If they stab us the wound is in our mind. If words wound something deep inside, perhaps licking the wound may teach one something about oneself. If we commit acts of war in words alone then no one bleeds... except possibly in the spirit. Freedom isn't free... it's risky. Freedom of speech risks insult and slander... but as I've heard said... Truth has better deeds than words to grace it.

And civilization is a pipe dream.

Date: December 20, 2005 06:24AM

K.Q.... we are not all human. How insulting.

Date: December 20, 2005 06:34AM

Sorry, Ebon. No offence intended!

Date: December 20, 2005 06:40AM

You are a good being, K.Q.

Posted by: JohnnySansCulo (192.168.128.---)
Date: December 20, 2005 02:17PM

Posted by: LRye (192.168.128.---)
Date: December 20, 2005 02:58PM

Why should we even be considering hacking off penises and hacking out uteruses?

All that is absurd. It's mutilation when done in some sort of vindictive fashion. It's another matter if its being done for one's chosen medical purposes.

And Ebon, I share your view of ZPG but there are such things as vasectomies, tubal ligations and numerous birth control devices so why the vengence?

Lady---have you considered therapy for penis envy? That could be at the "root" of your indignance.

Lisa

Date: December 20, 2005 03:04PM

Balls, Balls, and you don't return calls !
Five Six, why don't you pick up your stick ?
Balls Balls, as I write on the walls !
Seven Oh, go write your name in the snow !

Oh I try so hard
to find a rhyme for Venus
but I keep them in Jars
and that's my tribute to Mars

Oh I try so hard
to find a rhyming for rocks
but all I can find is
doodle doo and no.....

Balls Balls......etc

Date: December 20, 2005 06:24PM

"And Ebon, I share your view of ZPG but there are such things as vasectomies, tubal ligations and numerous birth control devices so why the vengence?"

Because this is how people regard their servile playthings... as animals lesser than themselves to sexually mutilate. Why not vasectomy and tubal ligation for them? Why is it always neuter... and why are you an "irresponsible pet owner" if you refuse to do something to a friend you would not have done to yourself? Why do veterinarians refuse to offer alternatives?

www.neutering.org

Date: December 20, 2005 06:33PM

Well ya got a point there
but I don't have any pets. I'm real allergic.

Lisa

Posted by: Brucefur (192.168.128.---)
Date: December 21, 2005 03:59PM

Ebon,

I think that the answer is that people are generally pretty irresponsible and that if left to their own devices, they won't do what is best; they will do what is easiest. Their are a lot more sheep like that in the world than there are wolves (people who are proactive and ambitious). I myself am not in favour of neutering, or spaying, just as I am not in favour of circumcision (did I spell that right?), but there are medical reasons for doing them. Neutering prevents prostate cancer in male dogs and spaying, uterurian (sp?) cancer in female dogs. More over, I have lived in tiny villages of less then 1,000 people where the dogs were mixed with wolves and ran semi wild all the time. When a pack of dogs gets large enough, they turn feral and nothing is then safe. In order to marginalise the problem the people there would drown puppies or cull the pack; meaning that a lot more dogs end up dying. Prior to the SPCA coming into existance, this was the way it was done ALL the time.

The alternative as you say, would go something like this:
Human's firend goes into heat. Human keeps her indoor for the duration, except for bathroom purposes when they go out in the yard with her. Human with male dog friend builds a fence that is the legal (here) 6' in height and other than when the dog takes human for a walk or hike, dog stays in that yard. But simple as that is Ebon, people can't seem to manage it. A good friend of mine had his dog attacked last week with a baseball bat, because he refused to "lock" Skipper in the back yard by repairing the fence. The human across the way also doesn't have a fence and keeps his dog, currently in heat, roped to a pole. When Skipper did as dogs go and tried to get close to the Lady in Need, her owner attacked him, breaking both bones and teeth. My friend won't take Skipper to the vet, because of the cost, even though he has the money. He thinks that Skipper will heal up just fine on his own. I am nearly as mad at my friend as I am at the man who attacked Skipper, and seeing as I could kill him without any remorse whatsoever, I am sure that you can gather how peeved I am at my friend too, because he is also acting in an unacceptably irresponsible manner.

It is because of such things that I am entirely in favour of the SPCA.

Are there "people" that shouldn't have children? Absolutely. But sometimes their kids turn out to be the best people in the whole wide world in spite of everything, or perhaps because of it.

Lisa,

"Lady---have you considered therapy for penis envy? That could be at the "root" of your indignance."

That made me laugh, although I don't think that is Nutmeg's problem. I think that at least to some degree this poem is about thinking with the wrong head, which all men do from time to time... Well, unless they have been neutered. winking smiley

Brucefur

Date: December 21, 2005 06:12PM

Why would any woman want
to cut off
man's best part? I could never understand Ms Bobbit.

Date: December 21, 2005 08:41PM

Brucefur... you are intelligent and insightful... but you call the wrong kind of people "friend." growls

Posted by: Brucefur (192.168.128.---)
Date: December 21, 2005 08:55PM

Ebon,

Time will tell in this case if that is true. It wouldn't be the first time that I have walked away from someone due to moral difference of opinion.

Lisa,

Maybe that was Mr. Bobbit's only good part? It was after all the only piece of him that Mrs. Bobbit took with her when she left grinning smiley I think that they call that Alimony. hahaha.

Brucefur

Date: December 21, 2005 09:45PM

But then Mrs. Bobbit threw Mr. Bobbit's best part in a field for the wildlife... how very kind of her to feed the animals. Bobbit... oh the Irony of names... like Bob (your) Barker and his campaign to have every "pet" sexually mutilated so "its" vanity driven human can be a "responsible pet owner."

Posted by: Percival (192.168.128.---)
Date: December 23, 2005 06:27PM

Honestly boys, the specifics of animal neutering? While I respect everyone's crazy ideas of life, surely you jest?

Posted by: Lady of the Night (192.168.128.---)
Date: December 24, 2005 12:42AM

Well well! I disappear for a few days, and come back to this, eh?

This poem isn't about mutilation or Mrs. Bobbit. It's about... okay. Men consider, (sub)consciously, their penises to be the epitome or symbol of their manhood. They're supposed to be men, by gender, by organs. But half the time, they're crap. They don't use what is supposed to make them men, they just skip and punk out. This is all metaphorical. Bad job explaining it, but it is. I was sick of males not being men, basically. "You think you're a man? See how much of a man you are when I cut these off!!" basically. Take away a so-called "man's" pride, and see what's left. A shivering, blubbering boy.

Hard for me to explain, but I guess that's it, basically.. it's metaphorical. Not literal.

And yes, Les, 'twas I.

No, I haven't considered therapy for my apparent penis envy. When I do, I'll consult Freud, lol. Thanks though tongue sticking out smiley

Lady of the Night

Posted by: Percival (192.168.128.---)
Date: December 29, 2005 04:56AM

Stereotypes analyzed by stereotypes, my dear. Do you know that women are more likely to cry due to the build up of a specific chemical? The chemical is dangerous to the body and women produce five times more than men. Crying releases this chemical.

Ponder instead the similarities of the sexes when brain washing is stripped. Did you choose to have long hair for a logical reason? Does it give you any advantage beyond being identified as female? Is your only objective in life the act of copulation?

Anyway, you can borrow my penis anytime.

Date: December 29, 2005 09:31AM

This thread keeps getting longer every time someone touches it

Goto: Forum ListMessage ListSearchLog In
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This poetry forum at emule.com powered by Phorum.