User Submitted Poetry
 Interested in feedback about a piece you've written? 

eMule -> The Poetry Archive -> Forums -> User Submitted Poetry

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Viva La Muerte
Posted by: K.Q. (---.nets.com.jo)
Date: October 14, 2003 06:43AM

"Viva La Muerte"

Were the smile of death
To look upon me,
Mercifully,
I know I would rejoice.

Whether “Hamlet” be I,
Or a “Lear” of haste,
There is not
Enough time to waste.

While in action or pause
The camera shoots
Many scenes
Of the tragedy.

Yet the tragic flaw
Of humanity
Neither silence
Nor action awaits.

It just happens so:
They judge by the heart;
While mind
Surrenders to fate.

And I among all
Am bewildered to be
A nothing
A nonentity!

Cheers for intentions!
Hurrah for good will!
The play is all over,
"Viva la Muerte"!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2006 08:33PM by lg.

Re: Viva La Muerte
Posted by: Keeper of Light (---.texoma.net)
Date: October 14, 2003 03:12PM

What does it mean? The name.

Despite my confusion I liked the poem. I thought that you talked it out well. I like the second verse the most.

Most impressive!

"Loving people is like farting in the wind; You don't actually accomplish anything, but you feel better."

~The Great and Powerful Angelia~

Posted by: -Les- (---.trlck.ca.charter.com)
Date: October 14, 2003 04:02PM

Long live the dead.

Great poem, K. Q. Very well-constructed. Your website is from Jordon. That has to be a first here at E-mule.

Les

Posted by: Gwydion (209.53.139.---)
Date: October 23, 2003 04:32PM

ah! this one slipped by me, i'm pleased i caught it in time before it moved to the next page...great piece of writing KQ! I agree w/KOL, the second stanza kicks a$$.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. (Aristotle)

Posted by: Kellygirl (---.kp.org)
Date: October 23, 2003 06:22PM

I too am very curious as to what this is about. It really is structured well, but I just don't get it...kam

Posted by: K.Q. (---.nets.com.jo)
Date: October 25, 2003 12:35AM

Dear all,
Thanks for your comments. They are very encouraging. As for your question, kellygirl, the subject is a mixture of politics and love: Life. It is about intentions, being naive, and pragmatism. Does it make more sense now? Well, as I am an Arab, and it pains me how the world is emotionally judgemental about most public and private issues, this is simply how I expressed myself. I hope my brief explanation did not ruin my "facial expression", as I call my poems!
Thanks for your interest!
Yours, Khalida

Posted by: lg (Moderator)
Date: January 03, 2006 10:44PM

Anybody seen K.Q. lately?

Les

Posted by: JohnnySansCulo (192.168.128.---)
Date: January 03, 2006 10:50PM

Re: Children of the 60’s
Posted by: K.Q. (192.168.128.---)
Date: January 3, 2006 08:36PM

Nice picture you draw here.

yeah

Posted by: Rancho Dos Dias (192.168.128.---)
Date: January 04, 2006 12:16AM

My doctor is a woman from Jordan,,, do you think they know each other?

El rey is muerto Ein Zwei Drei Quatro...

Date: January 04, 2006 08:41AM

Yes Terry it's true.....

All women from Jordan know all OTHER women from Jordan.

Posted by: Brucefur (192.168.128.---)
Date: January 04, 2006 09:26AM

Khalida,

I missed this one when it first showed up, but that is the beauty of having a guy like Les around, all of these little gems find their way back to us.

I see many shades in this poem to some of your more recent stuff and if I hadn't checked the dates and read the comments, I wouldn't have guessed that it was from 2 1/2 years ago. There is that same undertow of sorrow that despite your wording seems focussed inward more than out, that is expressed most clearly here:

"And I among all
Am bewildered to be
A nothing
A nonentity!"

I think, and this is just an observation, that you and Angelia have much in common; wonderful, smart, women who somehow still lose themselves from time to time.

I also get the sense that you are a bit of a psychic sponge and that negative and hurtful things sort of get soaked up and retained.

You're a very rare person, Khalida, and I think that you are a living testimony to what true beauty is; and it makes glamour and gloss seem both cliché and dross by comparison. I feel honoured to know you.

Sincerely,

Date: January 04, 2006 02:58PM

Les, thanks for asking of my whereabouts. It is end of semester so I have tons of work to get done, hands full.
Johnny, thanks for tracking me!! I appreciate that. I do read all your poems but don't know what to say. My absence does not mean I am not reading you, and enjoying.
Rancho, perhaps I might. tell me her name. I have cousins and a brother in the States who are all doctors!
Bruce, I am humbled by your response that brings me to a point of embarrassment. I appreciate your seeing into me through my poems. I almost forgot this one . And I too thank Les for reminding me. I ppreciate your comment dearly.

Thanks a lot all!

Date: January 04, 2006 03:39PM

Thanks KQ

You don't need to comment !

I see that they are being viewed

I hope that they are being enjoyed

Date: January 04, 2006 04:29PM

smiling smiley

Date: January 05, 2006 02:57AM

LEs, sorry to trouble you with a question, but why can I not edit my original post? My comments have the "edit post" but the first post(the poem) doesn't. I don't get it.

Posted by: Brucefur (192.168.128.---)
Date: January 05, 2006 03:35AM

Khalida,

(Les, correct me if I am mistaken).

I belive it has to do with the date of your original post Khalida. Your original post was before the hackers, the reformatting of the site, etc... I can't edit my old, old posts either, even to delete them.

Posted by: LRye (192.168.128.---)
Date: January 06, 2006 09:18PM

Dear Khalida:

I love this part:

"And I among all
Am bewildered to be
A nothing
A nonentity!"

I feel that way all the time.

xoxo,

Lisa

Date: January 07, 2006 02:06AM

I see Bruce, thanks for responding.

Lisa, if it is any comfort, I still feel that way sometimes. Thanks for reading, I appreciate it.

Posted by: Keeper of Light (192.168.128.---)
Date: January 07, 2006 02:15AM

I was fixing to comment on this one again. I forgot I read it...geesh. That usually doesn't happen to me. I guess I've finally reached that level where I won't be able to remember ever stinkin' detail of everything I read. Not that this is stinkin'...I'm shutting up now.

Date: January 07, 2006 02:19AM

I get your message!smiling smiley Thanks for reading anyway!

Posted by: lg (Moderator)
Date: January 07, 2006 02:18PM

K.Q., Bruce is correct. If you wish to either tell me how to edit your original, or if you wish to send me a copy of the edited version via Private Message, I will edit the original for you.

Sorry about that, but many of the older works were formatted with old software which doesn't work now. I'm just glad we did not lose many of these older poems.

Les

Date: January 07, 2006 03:28PM

Thanks Les. It is nothing serious. Everytime I open this thread of recently, the word "wait" (second part last line) strikes me as sounding better as waste. I am still thinking. Any helpful suggestion with that?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This poetry forum at emule.com powered by Phorum.