General Discussion
 Topics of or related to poetry. 

eMule -> The Poetry Archive -> Forums -> General Discussion

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Poetry website and book
Posted by: Barbara Spring (---.247.1.16.gha.mi.chartermi.net)
Date: November 08, 2003 01:27PM

The Wilderness Within is the title of my website at [www.geocities.com] />
There is a new poem each month plus reviews and links.

check it out!!!

Re: Poetry website and book
Posted by: Talia (---.ply.kconline.com)
Date: November 08, 2003 04:46PM

Thanks for sharing....and let us know if you plan on visiting the Northern Indiana area, since you are sol close...I always like to hear/see real life poets sharing their work, and yes...the plague of the lady bugs (which used to be red and have somehow evolved to orange) ....do they plague other parts of this world or just the mid-west?

Posted by: Linda (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: November 08, 2003 06:54PM

We call them ladybirds over here, and yours seem to have more spots. (Yes Hugh, I know they come in different varieties, the ones in my garden are three or seven spot ladybirds, those in the photo on Barbara's website look like eleven spot.) I've seen them as pale as yellow.

Posted by: Talia (---.ply.kconline.com)
Date: November 09, 2003 04:52PM

I once heard they were puropsefully brought in to kill other insects dangerous to farmers' crops....true? I guess it could be something much worse.

Posted by: Linda (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: November 09, 2003 06:20PM

Their young eat aphids (green fly et al.) so they are encouraged by organic growers as an alternative to insecticides.

Given that one definition of blood sports I came across was "the deliberate use of an animal to hunt down another animal" and this is why fox hunting should be banned. What is the difference between fox hunting and green fly hunting. Using nematodes to kill slugs is even worse, as the slug dies slowly as it is eaten alive, fox hounds at least kill quickly.

Posted by: Hugh Clary (---.MCLNVA23.covad.net)
Date: November 10, 2003 01:34PM

Who was it said fox hunting is the pursuit of the inedible by the unspeakable? Wilde?

Posted by: JP (---.tnt1.rochelle.il.da.uu.net)
Date: November 10, 2003 02:26PM

The pursuit by the unspeakable of the uneatable. Wilde.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This poetry forum at emule.com powered by Phorum.