General Discussion
 Topics of or related to poetry. 

eMule -> The Poetry Archive -> Forums -> General Discussion

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Trouble getting on Emule?
Posted by: Talia (216.117.99.---)
Date: October 08, 2003 11:00AM

Did anyone else have trouble getting on Emule yesterday afternoon?

Re: Trouble getting on Emule?
Posted by: -Les- (---.trlck.ca.charter.com)
Date: October 08, 2003 11:53AM

Talia, seems like on Tuesday's they tune up the old e-mule. This happens once every six weeks or so. Also, around 3 a.m. eastern time, e-mule can become very slow to load. Just something you get used to after a while.
Sometimes, she's a finnicky old e-mule.

Les

Posted by: Hugh Clary (---.phoenix-01rh15rt-az.dial-access.att.net)
Date: October 08, 2003 12:15PM

I was having troubles yesterday, when I the tops of the pages would load, and nothing else. Then, today, the pages the pages would hang instead of loading. But I switched from Internet Explorer to Mozilla just now, and all seems to be well. Dunno if that is relevant or not.

Posted by: Linda (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: October 08, 2003 02:25PM

I had problems too, but a different time of day (I never remember time zones, I'm BST) But I blamed my daughter.

Posted by: StephenFryer (---.bbd13tcl.dsl.pol.co.uk)
Date: October 09, 2003 06:56PM

You're lucky, I have trouble getting OFF emule.

Stephen

Posted by: Pam Adams (---.bus.csupomona.edu)
Date: October 09, 2003 09:01PM

People get off emule?

pam

Date: October 11, 2003 03:26PM

Linda, here's a website which may help you with the time zones around the world. E-mule's time is based on the New York zone.

[www.timeanddate.com] />

Les

Date: October 11, 2003 06:19PM

Thanks, its a bit more accurate than my system of "when do I get live sport?" This works with cricket 'cos I know what local times will be used for the game, but American sports!! What time of day are baseball or American football matches?

Posted by: kevin (---.atl.client2.attbi.com)
Date: October 13, 2003 07:59PM

Usually when only the top of the page loads and the rest seems to hang it's an issue with the banner ads. Mozilla is smart when it comes to rendering; it'll continue to load the rest of the page and leave the banner ad blank until it either loads or times out. Internet Explorer is aweful. It likes to wait until everything is in memory before it shows you the page.

This is one of the few reseaons for these types of errors.

Oh, and a suggestion for everyone. If you've always used Internet Explorer and never tried another browser, you're missing out. Personally, I feel the Mozilla is a much better browser and love the Tabbed Navigation and built-in Ad Blocking features.

-Kevin

Posted by: Desi (---.grecian.net)
Date: October 15, 2003 09:57AM

To download it (for free), go to: [www.mozilla.org]

I very much like the ad blocking features Kevin mentions.

Date: October 15, 2003 01:13PM

Linda, what time of day are football, or American football matches? It depends on what part of the country they're in. Most baseball games begin at 1 p.m. local time, night games begin at 7 p.m. Professional football begins at 1 p. m. local time on Sunday's with one night game 9 p. m. New York time on Monday.

Les

Date: October 15, 2003 01:20PM

Kevin, I do not think your answer: "Get a new browser" is an adequate response. I have the latest version of Netscape 7.1 and it does not load adequately sometimes. You can't turn the question of slow operation back on the customer. Hundreds of thousands of websites are NEVER slow on this browser. Is there a possible reason why your website does not load as quickly at certain times of the day?

I am not pointing a finger to merely find fault. I will wait for the browser to load your pages even if it means going to another site first and coming back in a few minutes. But I doubt that very many new customers will wait. They'll simply go somewhere else. Then you won't get as many hits. We are not complaining to squawk about the management. We are complaining to help you fix a real problem. "It's not our problem" is not a solution.

Les

Date: October 15, 2003 04:34PM

It could be a time of day thing. Loading from England in the evening here, mid afternoon for you (well Les did send me a page for local times) in the USA this site doesn't seem slower than any other.

The rugby team did quite well today in Australia didn't they? We'll have to see how they manage on Monday against Scotland.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This poetry forum at emule.com powered by Phorum.