General Discussion
 General Discussion 

eMule -> The Poetry Archive -> Forums -> General Discussion

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
comparative poems
Posted by: Mel (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: October 29, 2000 05:29AM

Hey all! i'm trying two find two poems to compare for my 'A' level English literature course. I need two poems with a common theme, by two different poets. I would be extremely grateful for any help you can offer as i am finding it impossible to find anything decent! Many thanks!

RE: comparative poems
Posted by: Marge (---.btinternet.com)
Date: October 29, 2000 09:45AM

IX from Twelve Songs (Funeral Blues) by W.H. Auden and Togetherness by Henry Scott Holland.

Both about somebody dying but one is less pessimistic than the other. Both great poems.

RE: comparative poems
Posted by: Alexandra (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: October 30, 2000 08:44PM

I'm doing W.B.Yeats and W.Blake for my comparative essay at A-level, Blake influenced Yeats a lot, and they have the same view of society, you can go really deep with it, (got me an A* in my other coursework piece ;-), trust me, their styles are easy to analyse and if you look up some research on Yeats' belief in the mystical and then put it into context with one of his poems, then say how Blake saw the same and wrote about his feeling on it.......blah blah blah.
I would recommend 'The Second Coming' from Yeats, and just find something appropriate from Blakey to compare with, if you need any help, e-mail me,
Alex.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This poetry forum at emule.com powered by Phorum.