General Discussion
 General Discussion 

eMule -> The Poetry Archive -> Forums -> General Discussion

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Blake
Posted by: Veronica (---.tin.it)
Date: October 16, 2000 10:18AM

I'm studyng Blake's poems and i need some information about "THE TYGER" and "THE LAMB". Please help me.

RE: Blake
Posted by: Dana (---.cols.net)
Date: October 16, 2000 04:12PM

Well, I know that the "Lamb" is a poem from the Songs of Innocence.

The poem "Lamb" is a religious poem, similarly, with the other poem.
A lamb represents purity and goodness in a child because lambs are usually white and innocent looking. The poem speaks about Christ.
The poem is written in a form of questions and replies.
Example:
Little Lamb who made thee
Dost thou know who made thee ..

Little Lamb I'll tell thee,
Little Lamb I'll tell thee!

Now the other poem "Tyger" is a poem from the Songs of Experience. Tyger represents Christ power. A tyger is a strong animal. It's a poem with a dark and doubtful tone. (Amazed with God's power and abilities). The poem indicates to power and strength.

RE: Blake
Posted by: Alicia (---.newportar.net)
Date: October 26, 2000 10:24PM

I need help finding information oon my author, William Blake and I also need help explicating the sick rose. I mean, everyone has their own meaning to the poem, but I need some extra input. If you have a better idea or a better pom that you think I should explicate then write me and let me know. I have to have an explication for World Literature II. I would appreciate any type of help that you offer. If you e-mail me back, make sure the message reads, "Alicia You Wrote Me About This!!" This will allow me to know what I am about to read before I read it because I skip over some e-mail because I think that it is junk mail. I thsnk you once again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This poetry forum at emule.com powered by Phorum.