General Discussion
 General Discussion 

eMule -> The Poetry Archive -> Forums -> General Discussion

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
search of a poem
Posted by: patty (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: October 15, 2000 09:39PM

I am searching for a poem written by Emily Dickenson that would be appropriate for a wedding wish

RE: search of a poem
Posted by: sabina (---.cableinet.net)
Date: October 17, 2000 06:16PM

I am searching for a poem called 'Dover Beach' written by Matthew Arnold that would be appropriate for a essay writing. would it also be possible if you could send me an insight as to what this poem is about.

Posted by: sabina (---.cableinet.net)
Date: October 17, 2000 06:17PM

I am searching for a poem called 'Dover Beach' written by Matthew Arnold that would be appropriate for a essay writing. would it also be possible if you could send me an insight as to what this poem is about.patty wrote:

I am searching for a poem written by Emily Dickenson that would
be appropriate for a wedding wish

Posted by: aeolus (---.bwave.com)
Date: October 26, 2000 08:18PM

Umm, I don't want to offend anybody's tastes in poetry, but I think Dickinson would be somewhat inappropriate for a wedding. She was, after all, the "Belle of Amherst," an eccentric spinster and recluse. I don't know. There might be a light romantic poem in her vast collection, but I doubt it. William Carlos Williams wrote a good poem on marriage ("The Ivy Crown") and you might find a good one in Edmund Spencer's Amoretti and Epithalamion, a collection of love sonnets. My suggestion to you is to write something yourself! It will mean so much more to the bride and groom (or bride and bride, or groom and groom- whatever the case may be).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This poetry forum at emule.com powered by Phorum.