General Discussion
 General Discussion 

eMule -> The Poetry Archive -> Forums -> General Discussion

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
"You died young, before you saw.."
Posted by: Susan Too (---.lnh.md.webcache.rcn.net)
Date: December 26, 2001 11:05PM

Looking for the poem that seems to be addressed to a man who died young, before he could see his young sons grown... I think it may have been written in the early part of the last century. It mentions the fact that their eyes look so much like his, and I gather the author was looking at a photograph of the gentleman in question.If anyone can even pinpoint the name of the author for me, it would be most helpful.
Thank you.

Re: "You died young, before you saw.."
Posted by: Pam Adams (---.los-angeles-13-14rs.ca.dial-access.att.net)
Date: December 28, 2001 02:29AM

I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but it's a nice work. Scroll down to the second poem, titled "Give Our Regards to Broadway, Minik"

[www.migrations.com]

pam

Re: "You died young, before you saw.."
Posted by: Susan Too (---.lnh.md.webcache.rcn.net)
Date: December 28, 2001 11:15PM

Hi Pam,

Thanks for responding! I thought, since this was the first time I've ever posted anything like this that I must have done something wrong when nobody wrote back...
I did like the poem you referred me to (especially as an ex-NYC girl) but it's not the one I'm looking for. I had done a piece of computer art using my grandfather's picture and the eyes of some of our family members in a sort of collage effect, and had used the poem in question; unfortunatley, my hard drive went belly-up and I lost the file... now I can't remember the author's name nor the title...Sigh...

Thanks again,

Susan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This poetry forum at emule.com powered by Phorum.